Monday, September 6, 2010

Disembodied - If God Only Knew The Rest Were Dead

Quite possibly the heaviest record ever, If God Only Knew The Rest Were Dead by Disembodied hit me like a ton of bricks when it first came out. I was already a fan of their Diablerie record, but the songs on this EP were far heavier, and felt far more developed. Tara's bass tone on this recording is nothing short of crushing, and when I would have it blasted, the ring outs just felt so deep that it would send chills down my spine. I got to catch them in support of this record here in Portland, and the tracks they played from this record came through just as heavy.


For those unaware, Disembodied are actually back together, and are currently writing a new record. Usually, I'm skeptical about bands reuniting and releasing new records, but I have a feeling this will be great. My band recently got asked to play a handful of East Coast shows with Disembodied in October. It was heart wrenching having to turn it down as we had just drained bank accounts to fly down to San Diego to play with Unbroken. Perfect example of great people in a great band.

Disembodied - If God Only Knew The Rest Were Dead
Ferret Records
black / ?
purple / 100


3 comments:

  1. Awesome album. I got to see these guys @ Burning Fight. I was hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any interest in selling? I'll pay $120 for the purple. systemoverload1982@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any interest in selling? I'll pay $120 for the purple. systemoverload1982@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete