Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Anthrax - Spreading The Disease [test press]


Granted, I got into punk and hardcore at a fairly early age, but before that, I was definitely a metalhead. One of my Uncles is only 11 years older than I am, so I would hang out with him a lot, and we would then meet up with his cousin who was around the same age. That cousin played in a couple of local metal bands, and because of those two, I got pretty heavy into "the big 4" - Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax. I can still remember listening to Ride The Lightning with them and loving every second of it as an energetic young boy. Fast forward 25 years, and I still love those old records from the big 4. The record of subject today though, is Anthrax - Spreading The Disease. Most of my friends disagree with me, but I still think Spreading The Disease is the best Anthrax record. While I do love a good majority of their discography, this record still sits at the top as my favorite. One day in late 1998, while perusing the Megaforce Records website, I saw that they were selling off some pretty rare items. I might have stumbled across the sale somewhat late, because there weren't a ton of gems left. As much as I kind of like Gravedigger, I wasn't really too interested in picking up any of their stuff. Then I stumbled upon a test press of Anthrax - Spreading The Disease, and for a mere 20 bucks! Suffice to say, I snatched it up in a hurry. I'm not sure how many of these exist, but if it falls in line with other records from the same era, it's probably 8 or less.



No comments:

Post a Comment